Music Library by the Numbers
- Type Song Title Here – to find a song
- Click to Highlight Find –Click to select highlight the Find Song field
- Open Cloud or Local links– Select Song and these buttons open the song card to the links page
- Check Boxes – indicate Tagged, Mp3, PDF, Stem or Cloud links
- Selected Song Title – Collection name, Key, Page #
- Sort by Library #
- Sort by Last Date used
- Theme Tags and Theme List
- Cloud and Local Links
Stores the data of your choral and instrumental printed music as well as the electronic media files associated with these songs (sound or PDF files). Many churches are now scanning their printed orchestrations so they can link to the PDF orchestration on the Library Card in WorshiPlanner. All of the data in the Music Library is available while you are planning a worship service. The Music Library and Membership modules will import your data from CSV or XLS files. Print box labels for your library or hard copy lists of library songs.
The New Cloud Links
WorshiPlanner can link to files stored in Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive. You upload a file to your Cloud, and do a directly shared link to the file.
Music Library Search Form
To locate a song title, begin typing the title and the locator will bring the title in to view. You may also scroll or Page Down through the list. Once you have found your title, double-click it and the Library Card for that title will appear.
Add New Song
To add a new song, click the NEW button. The Library Info Card appears for you to fill in all the appropriate info.
Data Sheet View
The DATA button opens the datasheet form. Pressing Ctrl-“, copies the contents of the field above current field. This is useful in duplicating repetitive data such as publisher, Library #, Collection name, etc.
Other Microsoft shortcuts work here as well (Ctrl-C = copy; Ctrl-V = paste; Ctrl-X = cut; Ctrl-Z = undo)
Select songs or members from your lookup tables by any criteria (title, theme, publisher, composer, or any combination of fields).
Searching Worship Songs by the Numbers
- Search – to find songs that match certain criteria
- Select field to Search – Select field from list
- Select Criteria– Type or Select from list
- Start – Begin Search
- Save search –
- Type name for this search and Save
Saving a search does not save a list of songs, but rather a criteria. When you add a theme to a new song, and it matches this criteria, the song will appear in the list of the Saved Search. When you select a Saved Search either here, or in Services/Rehearsals, only this list of songs appears.
To expand the search you can add a criteria by clicking AND.
To narrow the search, use the OR selection.
The Search in the picture is for songs that have the Theme of Christmas AND the Publisher is Word.
Less info in the search is better. For instance, if you are looking for Word Music, Inc., just select Publisher as the field, and type “word”. This will find: Word Music, Word, inc., or just Word. If you get too specific, you may not pull up all possibilities.
When searching for check box info (MP3, PDF, Orchestration, etc.) use -1 for Yes or 0 for No.
Theme Tips – Add themes to several songs at the same time
- Click the Tag checkbox by the songs to theme
- Click the Theme Tags button at the top
- Enter the Theme and Save
Theme List- View/Edit all themes
To remove a theme from All songs, click the theme and the trash can
Library Card Form
Song Details tab – vital information
You can define two additional fields, you can track virtually any piece of music or equipment or other resource in your care.
Cover tab – browse for a pic of the anthem/collection cover
Themes tab – edit themes
If this is handbell music, for instance, you might want to assign the theme Handbell Music. You can select from the list of themes, or type in your own, which will become a part of the list.
Checkout tab – Music loaned out
Keep up with music or equipment loaned to another person or church. If the borrower is a non-member, you will want to create a group of persons you lend to in Members so you can be able to contact them at a later date. The Overdue Library items report in the Reports menu will help you maintain some control over the lending process.
Local PDF/Sound Links tab -link to files on your computer
Link to an orchestration or score PDF, as well as linking to a sound file. WorshiPlanner will play whatever sound file that your computer recognizes.
Cloud PDF/Sound Links tab -Link to Cloud Files
Link to any file you have in Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive. WorshiPlanner will open whatever sound file that your computer recognizes.
Lyrics tab – store lyrics for this song
Scripture tab – store scripture references or the entire scripture
Flow Notes tab – saved flow notes from the Worksheet
Instrumentation tab – record instrumentation for this song
Library Pick Form
- Appears in the WorshiPlanner Worksheet when the middle of a line with Library database is Double-Clicked.
- To find a song title, start typing the title. Usually the song is located after just a few strokes. You may also locate s title by scrolling through the list with the Page Down or Page Up buttons or using the mouse on the scroll bar to the right.
- To clear the Find a song title use the Del key or Backspace key.
- To enter the song title on the Worksheet, double click the left mouse button.
- To Open the Song Card, right click the title
- If you have saved any searches, you can select a search and those titles will be available for selection in the Worksheet. This is very useful when planning theme-based services.
- To remove the results of a saved search, just click the Refresh button.
- To view songs by Library number, just click the Library Number button at the top of that column. Click Title to re-sort alphabetically by title.
- To view additional info about a song, use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the form.