Adding News Apps to Home Screen
On an Android Phone
- Open the News App (Hymns in My Heart) on your Android
- Tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
- From the drop-down, select Add to Home Screen.
- Enter the App’s name (Hymns for Hymns in My Heart ) that will appear on your Home Screen.
- Tap the Add button in the bottom right corner of the prompt.
- When prompted, the Add to Home Screen button in the bottom right corner.
Add a shortcut to the Home Screen on iPhone or iPad
You can add shortcuts to the Home Screen, and optionally group them into folders.
- In the Shortcuts app on your iOS or iPadOS device, tap on a shortcut, then tap to open Details.
- Tap Add to Home Screen.
- Optional: To use a custom photo for a Home Screen icon, tap the icon (in the Home Screen Name and Icon area), then choose one of the following:
- Take Photo: Use the camera to take a new photo.
- Choose Photo: Select an existing photo from your Photos library.
- Choose File: Select a photo from the Files app.
- Optional: To change the name that appears on the Home Screen, tap the name (in the Home Screen Name and Icon area), tap , enter a new name, then tap Return.
- Tap Add. The shortcut is added to your Home Screen.